.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Sunday

Happy Father's Day to the dads out there.

My day has been good. Woke up cleaned up for a bit. Called my dad. Watched "Last Samurai". Very good movie. I really enjoyed it. My son and I watched "Haunted Mansion" last night. I was not impressed. Oh well. Let's see what else did I do today? I went out to dinner with my brother while my son was in vacation bible school. We were almost late going to pick him up, I didn't think about the fact it was Father's Day so the restaurant was packed. I had country fried steak, green beans, corn bread, and mac and cheese.. MMMM Of course 75% of it came home in a box but it was good.

My brother, John, and my son are currently playing the game cube. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I just wish kids came with a volume control. Despite my past concerns about my brother moving 3 miles away, it's really worked out pretty well. My son loves his "uncle John" and John seems to have somewhat benefited from the thought that he is a role model. His outlook and personality have calmed as he's gotten clean ... now we just need to work on sober. You cant buy alcohol on Sunday in the state of Georgia. So, Sunday is a safe day to spend with my brother. I don't have to worry about him drinking around my son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home