.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lady?

Recently my son, age 9 was talking with a friend. They were discussing little boy things.. like poops, and farts.

I sternly told him that was not the kind of thing you discussed in mixed company. When he asked what I meant I explained that "mixed company" meant that there were both boys and ladies in the same room.

He looked at me puzzled. I gave him the "don't let your eyes write a check your butt can't cash" look. (An aside: if you ever want to be a parent start working on this look NOW. It takes years to perfect.)

He then said, "Ladies?" and looked around.

(humph) I cleared my throat, "yes ME"

He smiled and said "But.. you're not a lady. You're just my mom."

He should be out of the coma any day now... Just KIDDING. He said it with such honest and sincere frankness that I had to bolt out of the room to laugh.

So there you go. No ladies in this house... just one mom.

------------Oh Yeah.. and drumroll please----------------
He passed! Yay! Third grade here he comes. All the work, effort, and Adderall paid off.

4 Comments:

  • WOOOOHOOOOO CONGRATS for the youngin!!

    That *look* that we as mothers work so hard to achieve,,,, stopped working when kiddo hit 12,, she can see RIGHT through me,,lol.

    By Blogger reesie, at 7:49 AM  

  • oh bless! He's sweet....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • Congratulations, graduate!!!

    Moms are in their very own category. He's so funny!

    By Blogger Justice, at 9:33 AM  

  • This is hilarious. And familiar. My daughter, who is 3, has taken to asking me every day, several times a day, if I'm a girl or a boy. Hmph.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home