.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm too self sufficient....(read that as

Too Damn Stubborn!)

On April 17th I tore the rotator cuff and one of the tendons in my right shoulder. Since then I've been forbidden to lift anything that weighs more than a loaf of bread. On the Pro side of the list: this has resulted in me losing almost 10 lbs this month since I've not been able to cook, haven't been sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day eating vending machine goodies and cafeteria food swimming in grease. (An aside if I get a bacon cheese biscuit in the morning... I get to my desk and wrap the biscuit in paper towels and press down. You know those "what do you see" ink blotch tests?, well the napkin always looks like high tide on the cholesterol seaside. It's gross... really gross)

On the Con side: I hate, hate, HATE not being able to do for myself.

When I first was injured the docs gave me some pain pills. I took them for a few days when the pain was at the worst. My son, age 9, came home from school one day and I was dozing on the sofa. He had a friend with him and said "Don't worry about mom. She hurt her shoulder and her medicine makes her kinda dumb... and she sleeps alot" .. UGH.. I hated feeling that way and only took them when it was NEEDED.

I told you that story so I could tell you this one: Stubborn... bored... independant... not a good combo. I... well... I sorta... kinda... used a hammer today. Yep... as a result I'm kinda dumb and I think I'm ready for a nap.

But damnit the nails were sticking up and catching on my clothes!! Who knew 6 swings with a hammer could wreck such havoc. They were even "girly" swings... I barely tapped the damn things. Pain... Pain... Pain...

Just friken shoot me.

5 Comments:

  • OMG you are a stubborn one! I would threaten to spank you, but I think you may enjoy that too much. (Even if they were girly spanks).

    Hope you feel better soon.

    By Blogger Me, at 10:03 PM  

  • OMFG WOMAN!! Are you fricken insane? no scratch that, stupid is the work, yup...Do we have to go over there and slap your other shoulder silly so then u walk around like a penquin and can't even wipe your own....mouth when u eat..ya thats it....ARG, I COULD REALLY SLAP YOU!

    By Blogger Moon, at 12:12 AM  

  • ^perk^ spank.. huh? Oh Oh.. wait.. (deep breath) we're both, more or less in my case, married...

    sigh.. the last man to touch me injected cortizone into my shoulder.. I REALLY need to move north with my man lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 AM  

  • If only, dear one. I've certainly been feeling the pinch of being without you here. I'll pause for the ubiquitous "pinch" oo's and ah's......

    By Blogger Student of Life, at 7:00 AM  

  • Poor Girl! My migrane pills make me kinda dumb, hate that feeling. get well

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home