.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Clearance?

My cousin, Chris, and I went to the local Mal-Wart to find a new headset for my phone. While there I checked out the clearance stuff. There were 600 thread count sheets on Clearance. I almost swooned. I grabbed a Queen size and looked at the price. $68.00 This is clearance? I checked the regular price $68.85

Huh? I turned to Chris and showed him the sheets. Then, in a voice that spoke of awed amazement and sarcastic joy, I said "Oh My Gosh Chris, look I'll save EIGHTY-FIVE cents. Now we can have quality bedding AND send the kids off to college with that kinda savings!"

I didn't know there was a woman on the other side of the rack until she started laughing. She stood up and and said, I thought the exact same thing!

pfft .. Clearance my ass

2 Comments:

  • With those kinds of discounts, it's amazing that they can afford to stay in business!

    By Blogger Me, at 11:17 PM  

  • Yeah but but but, that's in US FUNDS!!!....Thats like $45 in Canadian...stop that skoffing you guys!!!GEEEZZZZ

    By Blogger Moon, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home