.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sewing.. and recovering



Well it's now been FOUR weeks since I've been able to work. I've torn the rotator cuff and one of the tendons leading down to my bicep in my right shoulder. It's gotten much better, now I'm just waiting for the doc to OK my return to the world of the paid corporate slave.... which incidentally sounds GREAT after four weeks of nothing!

However my sewing skill has increased by leaps and bounds lol.


Fabric Used: That was the hitch. I used a green slinky I'd picked not too long ago. That freaking fabric!!! I'd have all 4 yards on the table with only 3 INCHES hanging off, but that was enough to encourage the rest of the fabric to run lemming-like for the edge of the table and dive off. I think my fiance thought that I'd developed Touretts Syndrome PG13 style.

He'd hear "Son of a ... biscuit eater! .. God!! Bless America!" "Mother! Goose and Grim!!" My 9 year old son would look up at me expectantly .. waiting for me to slip up and let him learn some really good new words.. Thankfully that didn't happen.

I think they both started really questioning my sanity when I was cackling like a fool while boiling mystery mixture on the stove.

Ah yes.. Medium Starch mixture.. Old school style. 30 minutes later I was ironing my fabric dry! Woo hoo.. What seemed to be made of liquid silver before starching now was as stationary as large green crackers. God bless starch.

After that the fabric lay there docile and quiet while I muttered things like "showed you huh?" "Try MY patience will you!"

I love slinky clothes, I hate sewing slinky. lol

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: The only change I made was to NOT attach the straps. I added four female snap connectors to the inside of the neckline so I could wear it without straps for an evening out, but still meet work dress code by snapping in the straps.

Oh Yeah and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

1 Comments:

  • Hey that turned out really pretty!! I want a pink one,,*giggles*!!!

    I'm glad you're feeling better!! >:D<

    By Blogger reesie, at 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home