.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Prisoner pee-ing

Recently my lunch and break schedule at work was changed. As a result my super was breathing down my neck for a few days.

"I don't understand it", he said. "Normally you are one of my most dependable people as far as schedule adherence goes. Now you're suddenly taking several extra "personal" breaks a day, what gives?"

I looked him right in the eye and said, "Well, I suffer from prisoner pee syndrome."

His mouth feel open as he tried to reel that one in.. finally "What?"

I casually replied, "You see, its like this. For the last 4 or 5 years the only time I've been "allowed" to use the rest room was between 11:30 and 12:00 on my lunch and from 2:45 to 3:00 on my break. My body is used to it. Every day at 11:30 I NEED to pee. It's my body's prison schedule. I'd read about people that were released from prison and their bodies still stuck to the prison schedule; I didn't understand it then. Now I do."

He didn't know how to respond to that.. but a few days later... He changed my schedule back to normal ;)

-------
Sorry I've not been around I had company from out of state this past weekend.. (Hey Shan) and I've been trying to plan my move up to the great white north. So yeah.. I've been busy.

2 Comments:

  • Its good to be busy! Have a good weekend

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

  • That is so true, your body gets used to a routine and then they go trying to change it on you.

    Smart supervisor you got there,
    I doubt he'll be changing your schedule ever again ;).


    *hugs*

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home