.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Vodka, carrots, rocks and brooms

After my hectic day at work I really think I could make a fortune with a vending machine for office buildings. The only two products it would stock would be prozac and shots of vodka.

-----------
We recently got one of those handheld 20Q(uestions) games. Very very cool. And hey! on clearance, only five bucks.

It's very good at guessing your "thing". My son, 9 years old, tried "carrot" One of the 20 questions was "Does it bring joy to the people?". He wasn't sure and so asked me.

I mumbled to myself: Well, I'm sure to a small group of freaks it does.

He of the bat-like hearing said: Pardon me, I didn't hear you?

To which I replied, overly loud: NO, no it doesn't. Just hit the NO button.

(whew.. close call)
----------------

While talking to my beau about the Olympic games recently I was telling him of some news piece I'd read about one of the Curling (Unoffical moto: Because it's so damn cold none of our lakes are unfrozen to skip the stones on.)teams. Only problem, I couldn't think of the word "Curling". So.. I said, You know.. That rock and broom sport!

Rock and broom! Rock and broom! he cried, you're making one of our countries sports sound like a mockery.

One quick wikipedia check later and I'd confirmed the words Rock and Broom were used. Only they don't use real brooms anymore. They use a swiffer-kinda-looking thing.

I made a crack about them having to "squeegie" the ice. He wasn't amused.

*mental note: When I move up to Canada make sure I talk to the locals about my fascination with "that rock and broom sport" and "hockey-ball" aka how-not-to-make-friends-and-influence-people*

I wanna see if I'll get deported ;)

2 Comments:

  • OMG!!.....He really needs to take a chill pill lmao....(bet u were NOT expecting me to say that...) our other canadian friend lol. But seriously, as much as I think our Curling team ROCKS!!!WHOO HOO GO CANADA!!!...it is a game I never really GOT. So I can also relate and um, I suggest however that u still NOT try to get your butt kicked when you finally move to this land of calm peoples....we um often turn when referring to sports lmao

    By Blogger Moon, at 12:45 AM  

  • I drained the batteries playing with the 20Q B4 giving it to youngest granddaughter at christmas. Have a good weekend

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home