.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, February 13, 2006

Sink water.

My cat is a psychopath. This should only surprise, maybe, 3 people in the world. A. It's MY cat, and B. It's a cat.

After coming home from work today I put fresh food and water down, as usual. The cat wandered over looked at both and glanced up at me as if to say "what else do you have?"

I headed for the bathroom, my cat following at max psycho speed. She likes to be in the bathroom when I use it. This is, as near as I can tell, because I'm a captive audience to her pet-me-pet-me-pet-ME-PET-ME!! demands. This time she didn't want me to pet her. She wanted to drink water from the faucet (or tap for the canucks). I turned the faucet on to wash my hands and she fell on the water as if she'd not had any for days.

Keep in mind, that in the kitchen there is a fresh bowl of cool, clear water. I even went back to the kitchen to check she hadn't knocked it over. Nope, there it sat, with a ghostly look of puzzlement, and mild hurt on it's surface.. oh wait.. that was MY reflection.. I was thinking about my bank account.. but I digress.

All this time my cat is racing back and forth thru the house, all but walking on the ceiling in her 15 min psycho-fest. Then as suddenly as it began, she walked calmly to me, crawled in my lap, and went to sleep.

Friken psycho cat!

5 Comments:

  • Are you sure you're not talking about my cat, Spaz? Does your cat also wake you up half an hour before your alarm? Does she attack your feet when you sleep?

    By Blogger Christy, at 1:19 AM  

  • Once had a mad dog that would rather drink out of the toilet bowl than its own bowl....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 AM  

  • Your cat sounds perfectly normal to me.

    By Blogger monogodo, at 6:35 PM  

  • My cat is just at psycho as yours. He insists that I get up at the same time every day to get his water from the tub faucet and pay attention. Like your cat, he has to be in the loo with me too. Why I don't know. Right now he is calling to me from the tub because he wants water. Little freak.

    By Blogger Chris & Cheryl, at 11:22 PM  

  • We can't have cats because Chris is alergic but my sister has 2 cats..one of the two..has a big clear bowl of his own where he sleeps or hides under..its halarious..being a photographer she set up a nice place setting with place mat, big serving utencils (for scale) a charger plate with the cat* bowl in the middle. with the black cat all curled up in it noless...makes for a really neat pic lol...Mojo is the cat's name btw.

    By Blogger Moon, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home