.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gravitational Pull of Cake

Today was my son's birthday. It's also my beau's daughter's birthday, as it happens. (Happy Birthday K!!)

Anyway, earlier this week I sent a note to my son's teacher to ask if I could send in some cupcakes for his class. She sent one back saying that would be fine.

This morning I did a very foolhardy thing. I walked into an elementary school carrying a sheetcake. As I walked by kids stopped talking and followed me with eyes glazed with visions of sugar. Before I'd made it past the office I had turned into the Pied Piper of kids.

I had a ever growing train of kids following me all calling out "Who's class is getting cake?" "Can I have some?" "What's the cake for?" etc. My son was quite happy to tell all the slobbery, wide eyed kids that the cake was for his Ninth Birthday.

As he said that some kids would break off and wander morosely away. Others pushed to the fore and started saying "Yay! I'm in his class" grinning at the poor sods that were not.

I now know what keeps the asteroid belt moving and confined to our solar system. There's a kid on each rock.. circling for cake.

6 Comments:

  • Awww, happy birthday, boy!!!

    By Blogger Justice, at 11:13 PM  

  • lmfao

    thats too funny...

    Happy Birthday James!!

    Happy Birthday K.B!!

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 1:27 PM  

  • I would comment, but as a fat girl who dearly loves cake, i would have probably circled you too.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 8:35 PM  

  • any left *circles round blog looking for crumbs* Have a good weekend

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

  • BONNE FÊTE TO JAMES AND KB!!!I hope they both had a great day....U know what they say about Aquarians...they are from another planet!! So what u said about the solar system is quite apropo lmao...(my sister got our mom a book on Aquarius for her one year..first line in the book said that they were all from another planet!!)

    By Blogger Moon, at 11:30 AM  

  • Happy birthday James and K.B.! I hope they both had a wonderful day.


    Any cake left?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home