.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Overheard Oddities

I love the little snippets of conversation I sometimes over hear. In the last two days it has been very interesting. Some made me laugh, others left me thinking "I hope they aren't serious!".

I share them with you...

In the lunch room: He's my husband. He's not supposed to have an opinion. He's SUPPOSED to just do what I say!

In the smoking section: It's like he thinks the world is playing "where's Denny". If he sees a light in the high altitude, blinking, he thinks it's the CIA tracking his every move. He really believes that! (laughter from the others in her group) He came home and said "I saw the light all the way from work to here (home). That proves it. They are tracking me. It must be GPS or something". I told him, you idiot! If it's that high up 1/2 of GEORGIA can see that light.(more laughter) I've stopped asking him what he believes.. cuz it pisses me off! 2nd lady: You know what? You should turn the tables. Ask what he's done! What have you done that the CIA is tracking you home? Tell me you bastard! (uproar of laughter)

2 older men, one about 60 the other maybe 55: ... always said sex hasn't been the same since women realized they were "supposed" to enjoy it. 2nd guy: Yeah I know. Now, I'm supposed to care about her enjoyment. (insert the sound of me grinding my teeth!)

2 ladies by the scale at work: I can tell you've lost weight. It doesn't look like your back is trying to eat your shirt anymore. (omfg. I about ruptured myself not laughing as I hurried on)

There were two others, but I left the scrap of paper I jotted them down on at work. Even still, not a bad haul for only 2 days ;)

3 Comments:

  • Oh dear, those are just TOO funny!

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 9:45 PM  

  • Just some of the reasons why I enjoy people watching, and just listening to what they have to say.

    By Blogger Me, at 2:24 PM  

  • OMG, you hear all the good ones. You must have upgraded your Radar Thingy!

    Much Love

    By Blogger Love, at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home