.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, November 14, 2005

Cast your mind back..

Cast your mind back..Back to a time when girls wore leg warmers and boys wore make up.. Yes, I know. It's a scary scary thing to do. Think "Fame", think "Soap", think.. 80's.

I finally made it to 80's fabulous. Too bad it's 2005. This is the horror that befell me when I removed the straws. No wait that's not exactly right. This is the BEST I could do with the original horror. This is horror reheated and lovingly tempered. Think Freddy Kruger wearing a Mr Rogers mask.. It's a kinder gentler type of visceral cringing.

This is the horror that awaits you if you try the "temp spiral perm preview" with straws, well it is if you are a goober like me and leave them in for oh.. 6 hours. I can only imagine what would have happened if I'd slept in them like my friend.. Did I say friend? I meant EX friend (just kidding, VA) had recommended. I probably would have thrown myself off a cliff, lemming like, in my desire to end it all.. Dear god... no... No... NOOOO

Ehem... but I digress.

(Pssst... just in case you couldn't tell... I HATED it. I was torn between laughing till the "funny" men showed up and bawling like a baby. Thankfully many of my lady friends were online and so got to mock me. That always makes me feel better... no really. It's like I tell them all the time. I wouldn’t tease ya, if I didn't luv ya!)

Now down here... keep going... down here Ladies and Gents is what I wanted. This is the bubbly goodness, ehem, or some such to balance the stomach cramping, tangible proof that evil exists (also known as the photo above). It also explains why in the meme I did I said I loved my lips. ;) And hair. I mean really. Who wouldn’t? Oh did I mention I'm modest too?

Self Portrait

9 Comments:

  • I don't what you are talking about, I don't see anything wrong with it. It's actually pretty nice, it just needs to tame down a little.

    In a parrallel universe, if I wasn't married, and niether were you, and we didn't live hundreds of miles away, I would totally throw down my Joey Tribiani "Hey, how YOU doin'?"

    And the black and white picture of you totally rocks. You sort of remind me of Donna Pinciatti on "That '70s Show". (Really good thing ;-)

    By Blogger Me, at 6:51 PM  

  • Yeah I get the "donna" thing pretty often. And hey.. she' hot. So I'll take that compliment lol.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 PM  

  • HEY I'm not bi or gay..but I'D DO YA HEHE...Gorgeous!!!!

    By Blogger Moon, at 8:01 PM  

  • Red,
    You know I Love ya! I still hadn't seen a red poodle until......T

    By Blogger Love, at 10:08 PM  

  • Your curls look similar to the perms that I used to get for years and then have to use product out the wazoo to control them cuz I could never find a stylist to get my hair the exact way that I wanted. But either way, you're still a sexy wench and I love ya!! >:D<

    p.s. come to my place and doll me up for glamour pics please??? ;))

    By Blogger reesie, at 2:31 AM  

  • You look very glamorous in the b&w photo and I dig your lips too. They look perfect.

    By Blogger Chris & Cheryl, at 2:39 PM  

  • You rock!

    By Blogger Veronika, at 2:41 PM  

  • Isn't it fun to look back at those old pic? ;)

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 6:28 AM  

  • Hey, I like it! But, then again, I was perm queen in the 80s, so..........

    I'm thinking the perm needs to make a comeback.

    By Blogger smizzo, at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home