.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, November 26, 2005

How to confuse me on Thanksgiving day..


While my cousin and I were finishing up our Thanksgiving meal, and talking about the normal family stuff and half heartedly putting together the dragon "puzzle" my son came over to me and asked the following question.

"Mom, can the fish suck on my fingers now?"

Wha.. I .. uh.. HUH?

See, my life is a non-stop Monty Python episode. The bizarre, the surreal, the down-right weird, and people wonder why I have such a twisted sense of humor.

-- Oh yeah, and as to what he was talking about. Chris has a 75 gallon fishtank with a number of large gold fish. My son realized he could put his finger in the water, just breaking the surface, and the fish, not being the brightest animal on the planet, would confuse it for food and would "suck" on it.

Once he explained WTF he was talking about Chris gave him permission, provided he wash and rinse his hands thoroughy first. For the next 15 minutes or so he giggled happily, coo-ing and talking to FISH.

Oh yeah, you know you want to be me. Just admit it. This much excitement just makes you long for a day-in-the-life-of-Red vacation. You'll either end up with a brand new outlook on life.. Or in a straight jacket... come to think of it.. that's a new outlook too.

But hey, the dragon turned out well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home