.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Resistance is futile..

Umm for funny, witty, and enjoyable (and comment worthy.. woo hoo...cuz you know.. I'm a comment whore. Don't let the other bloggers fool you. We don't write for us. We write for COMMENTS. uh.. yeah.. anyway.. ; p ) .. scroll down a post. For a small rant.. keep reading..


Fluffy
Originally uploaded by red clover.
I love my neighbors.. really I do.

Take me drunk, I'm home.

OK not really, but I'm working on it! Ehem.. anyway.. My son is now signed up for Basketball. Not entirely with my wishes. It was certainly beyond my financial means at the moment.

However, I drove him. Sick with some kind of stomach bug, he is (good news? He didn't puke in the car!) not enjoying his day. He kept asking, "Are we there yet?" Herc.. Ugh.. pitiful moan... I wrote a check for almost double what I have in the bank to cover his sign up fees. But hey.. He'll be a TEAM PLAYER! (insert sarcasm here) And while at the landlord's house he was pissing with excitment.. HE LOVES BASKETBALL. Though when I asked him he was very non commital about it. History lesson: We've tried Ti Kwon Do, Boy Scouts, and hell I forget what else.. He goes 3 - 5 times and then hates it.

So why did I take him? Call it "peer pressure", if you can call your landlord peers. Landlord is misleading I will admit. They are more like grandparents to him than any of my family is. Hell, they take him WITH them on vacation to St. Augistine Florida, for 7 to 10 days, every year. However, I can't tell them what I want to, you know (.. "I can aprreciate that you are judged by the crowd you associate with... but yeah .. how will the crowd like you not having feking power, or gas to cook food with or a phone to call to tell when the next practice is? huh .. huh? Because that's about where I'm at at the moment. I'm doing the BEST I can, S&H (their names here)") like I could my mother and her husband. I have to be restrained, to an extent, because .. well hey.. we live in their (rented out) house. They are my son's only childcare providers.

So... ....

Take me drunk, I'm home.

3 Comments:

  • Nice way to bitch, without bitching....LMAO

    By Blogger Love, at 4:11 PM  

  • I'd say... "S & H since you love us so much I know you'll understand when I tell you that I can't pay my rent this month, but I surely hope that you will come out to James' first basketball game" smiling ever so nicely while you say it...

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 9:05 PM  

  • I have to admit, I love the picture of the dog.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home