.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Random Musings

Why is drowsiness listed as a “side effect” of Ambien in the TV commercials? I mean really... It is a sleep aid.

I had a customer ask me, “Am I talking to a real person or a machine?” I thought, well that depends on if you’re looking in my purse or my paycheck for verification. Terrible, I know.

Why is it your very favorite post, the one that was wonderfully written, never gets any comments? I can think of quite a few that I thought were spectacular and they echoed forlornly in cyberspace. C’est la vie.

You know those little postage stamp size breath-mint-strips? I noticed on the back they say “Avoid heat and humidity” and I’m thinking HELLOOO This is Georgia. That’s like having a balloon with “Avoid contact with air” written on the side. Just can’t be done, so suck it up Princess.

I saw a sidebar ad on the weather channel website that almost made me spray coffee on the monitor at work. It said Louisiana Gulf Coast Vacations More Affordable Than Ever!! Gee Sparky, why do ya think that might be?

I told a customer: The vehicle was deleted from the insurance on 08-16-05.
She said: Don’t get me wrong I know what deleted means but….. So the car’s not on the policy anymore, right?
Dear God I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.

Every now and then, just to get a different view on things, to have a brief moment of your childhood back... Hang your head over the side of the bed, or couch and look at the world upside down. It’s amazing what a difference perspective can make.

3 Comments:

  • I know what you mean about not getting comments on something you felt was really good. It drives me nuts.

    Heh, stupid people. They need signs so we'll know.

    By Blogger Chris & Cheryl, at 12:30 PM  

  • you mean at some age people actually stop sitting upside down on the couch?
    Hell I still do the hand stands up against the wall on my bed :D


    I completely understand as well about the posts, not getting comments...
    Some of the ones that I think will get a bunch of posts... Nada... big frickin' goose eggs... lol

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 12:43 AM  

  • I've NEVER been able to do a handstand.. EVER.. or cart wheel for that matter.. man I suck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home