.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, October 10, 2005

Family Day 2005


Family Day 2005 (20)
Originally uploaded by red clover.
Oh yeah.. and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians.

An aside, but at work today I spoke to a Canadian who is working in South Carolina for the next 6 months. I briefly assumed goddess status in his (and my boss') eyes for wishing him a Happy Thanksgiving as I was telling him goodbye. He stopped me and asked me how I knew. I explained my beau is Canadian. He was still impressed. There is, in my opinion, still something fundamentally wrong with having the turkey before Halloween.. C'est la vie)

Anyway.. Family Day.

Every year my company hosts a "family day". This year they bought us tickets and all-you-want-to-ride arm bands for the Georgia National Fair. (How can it be the Georgia & National Fair?) But I digress.

James, my son, Chris, my cousin, and I went down Sunday to the Fair. It's almost an hour south of us. We're on the interstate almost there, and you can see the rides from the car. I point this out to my son who is all but doing the pee-pee dance in anticipation.

There was one of those bulb highway signs telling us to go down one more exit (past the exit that says Fairgrounds) to get to the parking. We get off get to the entrance and .. it's blocked off. We've got to get back on the interstate and get off at the exit I originally was going to! As we did the U turn and drove past the front of the fairgrounds I said, "Ok James we've seen the fair, we're headed back home now"

From the back of the car came the howling of a trapped animal "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" I quickly.. well as quickly as possible since I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe.. reassured him I was just kidding. I was expecting him to say "Nu-uh!" or even "You can't sike me, mom. I know better." Chris and I laughed off and on for almost 1/2 an hour over that one long wail.

But in the end.. We all had a lot of fun. There are some 20 pix in all on my flickr account of the day. (oh and I promise I don't usually look that bad.. I'm bloated.. what can I say.. It's that time of the month.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home