.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Then and Now


Before&After
Originally uploaded by red clover.
Last night while rooting around (as well as one can root around in the hard drive of a PC)looking at and editing pictures, I came across these two.

Man what a difference 3 years can make. When I had my Gastric bypass surgery (RNY) I was in excess of 450 lbs. My surgeon did not have a scale that went high enough for me. I'm now sitting between 230 and 250 pounds.

I've never regretted my decision. I went from a size 32/34 (plus sized womens) to a 18/20. If
I could have my excess skin removed from my tummy, arms, and thighs I'd very likely be a 14/16 and about
40 lbs lighter.

However.. considering I weighed 204 lbs in the 4th grade.. yes Fourth grade. I've never been this small as an adult.

My son was looking at the before and after pictures with me today and asked if it was me! He was four and a half when I had surgery. I asked him if he remembered me looking like that. He said No! Of course he also said "wow you were really fat", uh but I overlooked that lol.

He is very aware that I had surgery and still likes to touch the scar from time to time. I do have to admit .. It feels weird..

Weird.. and worth it.

4 Comments:

  • You are, and always will be, beautiful. What matters is that YOU are happy.

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 5:57 PM  

  • I have to agree with Garrison on this one hun,, you are a beautiful person no matter how you look at it. You should be so very proud of yourself!! >:D<

    By Blogger reesie, at 2:13 PM  

  • Absolutely amazing. This surgery has been in the news a lot lately, you know, the dangers and what not, but it's like, there ARE dangers in being 400 lbs., too. You look wonderful! :)

    What was your defining moment? The moment when you said, "I have to do this."?

    By Blogger smizzo, at 11:33 PM  

  • Your beauty is just more evident for those who know you because it has less distance to travel from your inside out.....hugsssss 0x0x0x

    By Blogger Moon, at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home