.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Too Much Imagination

A few days ago I watched The Ring 2 with my cousin, Chris. It was.. eh. OK.

I as a general rule am a fan of horror/thriller type movies. The downfall comes when you have too much imagination. I'm never affected immediately by a movie. I've never had trouble sleeping afterward, and going down the dark hall to the bathroom is child's play.

This can all change if I'm outside the house. Driving more often than not I'll be taken with a heart stopping moment of total recall.

I drove home at 3 am after watching the movie and talking w/ my beau and a friend for an hour or so. It's a 3 mile trip down a two lane road with thick trees on both sides. I saw (insert typical horror movie music) .. a DEER. Not at all unusual by the way. If you've not seen the movie you wont get it. Either way I heard "don't stop the car". That was all it took to make my heart pound.

However.. the movie that caused me the most chilling moment was In the Mouth of Madness. In the beginning there is a creepy you-just-drove-past-him-but-he's-always-ahead-of-you bicyclist. After we finished the movie my son's father and I were driving the hour home, talking about nothing in particular. About 15 minutes away from the house there was ... a bicyclist. In the middle of the night.. on a dark two lane street.

My "Fuck this.. We're going back!" Comment was met with Uh-huh, Uh-huh.. We did a three point turn in the road and went straight back to my mothers house 45 minutes behind us.

Yep, I am a pansy in the face of my imagination.

6 Comments:

  • ok you got me wondering now if i should even bother to watch ring 2 considering,,,LOL

    if i DO watch it and i have a nightmare, can i call you? *bats eyelashes* >:D<

    By Blogger reesie, at 6:20 AM  

  • omg. You had me laghing so hard! What a great story. I too am a fan of the horror and thriller movies, but have not yet had my imagination run wild like that.

    By Blogger Me, at 12:18 AM  

  • I love watching horror flicks. Usually alone, in the dark, after everyone else goes to bed.

    I watched "the grudge" just the other day.

    I didn't sleep well that night. That's part of the charm...

    By Blogger Silly Old Bear, at 5:00 PM  

  • the only way I can watch movies like that is if it's during the day... I know it sounds weird but... if I watch them at night I won't be able to sleep not because I'm scared but because the movie script plays thru my head while I'm trying to go to sleep... After watching the movie Saw I came home and watched comedy central for about 4 hours until I passed out from exhaustion LOL
    so now I just watch them during the day...

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 12:36 AM  

  • I can't watch horror at all, freaks me completly! Have a great weekend

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 AM  

  • My husband was reading your post and was cracking up laughing. I knew it had to be good to get him going like that. He then read it to me and OMG I was laughing my ass off. I loved the last part about both of you not wanting to finish your trip home after seeing the cyclist. Hilarious.

    By Blogger Chris & Cheryl, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home