.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The key to life

.. Many people have said that if you learn something new every day you'll live long, and happy.

Well, I learned something last night.

I learned there's way more shaving gel in a can of ladies shaving cream than you can even imagine.

I was showering when I bumped the can off the small wall shelf. It hit the floor and the top broke off. The top is designed to dispense by pushing in the release tab inside the can. Not to be outdone I grabbed a butter knife and just depressed it that way. It worked like a dream.

Until I tried to do the right leg. The plastic piece broke... sank into the can .. and then.. and then.. I had a slow but determined fountain of pink shave gel oozing out of the can.

I tried in vain to clap my hand over it and stop the flow. That, of course, just started the 'gel into foam' process. Even standing under the spray of the shower I ended up covered in shaving cream.

There was shaving cream on the ceiling, the shower curtain, all 3 walls. So I shaved. I shaved until the hot water ran out. I am the hairless wonder. Hey what else can you do. I mean.. I was going to shave anyway, right?

All in all, the day was saved by my shower head. It's one of the ones you can take off and move about on a 3 foot hose. It only took me 20 minutes to hose out the shower and coax all that freaking foam down the drain.

But MAN was I clean clean clean when I got done.

4 Comments:

  • i found out the shaving cream thing when kiddo was bout 3,, i left a can beside the tub,, and she thought it was funny foam cuz it was in a pretty pink can!! lord what a mess!!

    By Blogger reesie, at 3:57 PM  

  • Reads Shannon comment... *cough* *splutter*

    Nearly lost a good cup of coffee there for a second! (OK Jen, it's instant...I know what you're thinking!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 PM  

  • Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I just laughed so hard I almost choked! What a great great story!!

    By Blogger Wildefrost, at 12:15 AM  

  • What a shame you were alone at the time!

    (now I've got that damn song in my head: I have a sad story to tell you
    It may hurt your feelings a bit
    Last night when I walked into my bathroom
    I stepped in a big pile of

    Shaving cream, be nice and clean
    Shave everyday and you`ll always look keen

    By Blogger Silly Old Bear, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home