.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, June 17, 2005

It's a dog


Chance
Originally uploaded by red clover.
In my house!

Some friend's lost everything in a house fire yesterday. They escaped with themselves the clothes there were wearing, and a few odds and ends that were near the door.

They are understandably distraught. Red Cross set them up in a hotel until Monday. Their son, who is James' age will be staying with us this weekend. But.. they couldn't take the dog.

So... I'm dog-sitting. While Chance, the dog, is a good dog I'm just not much of a dog person.

I'm OK as long as they don't try to lick my face.. uughh. Grosses me out! No lickey- no lickey lickey (in my best emperors new groove voice)

And Sharpe's (shar-pay) are a good family breed. But, petting them is.. uh.. interesting. It's like petting a net bag full of cottage cheese, that just happens to have hair. It's like a raisin with fur.

And when he drinks.. gak. He is a messy drinker. Long strings of drool and dog goo dripping all over the floor. I'm very glad I have linoleum.

And the only way I can get him to come back into the house after a potty break is pure bribery.. cheese. I'm glad I bought 2 packs lol. And no I'm not giving him whole slices. Just a quarter slice, enough to convince him to come back into this strange home where none of his family are.

It really is pitiful how much he is moping. When James and Randal (the friend's son) come home today they are going to give him a bath. He smells like dog and smoke. Not a good combo.

1 Comments:

  • See if I was there, I would so be talking baby talk to that dog. But im a freak that way.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home