.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Luna


Luna
Originally uploaded by red clover.
My cat is not terribly fond of children. I'm sure this could have nothing, what so ever, to do with all the terror my son inflicted on her while he was a toddler.

What they say is true; cat's have nine lives. This is so they will survive the raising of your children.

Lets see.. When my son was between the ages of 2 and 4:

He shaved a 4 inch bald spot into her side with the cordless trimmer I use to cut his hair. I had to use about a 1/2 a tube of neosporin on him for that little stunt.

One day I opened the door of the refrigerator and had a tawny colored rocket blasted by my feet. I screamed like a little girl! You know, when you expect to open the fridge and find milk and instead find a cat.. boy that's excitement.

Another day I heard her crying only to find her in the microwave. Being the safety conscious mom that I am I had used the 'lock to off' password that all recent microwaves are required to have .. so she didn't/couldn't get nuked. But she was NOT a happy cat.

When you turn on the clothes dryer..that just happens to contain a cat.. there is a queer thumping sound. I stood there thinking "gee, I don't have any tennis shoes in there.. what could be making that noise?" 7 lbs of cat on the fluff cycle could be making that noise. It was months before she'd walk near the dryer again.

All in all Luna, aka Luna-tuna, aka Luna-tic, managed to survive and so did my son.

It brought a smile to my lips this morning when I saw her, of her own free will, climb up on the couch and curl up on my son's stomach as he was watching his friend play the GameCube.

1 Comments:

  • Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That reminds me of the cat we had when the boys were little. Similar coloring and everything. It's always cool when pets and children bond.

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home