.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, January 17, 2005

Sick Days = No Job

Im worried today.. I was sick last night and today, vomiting, diareah the usual kid stuff. Maybe it was something we ate. I dont know. All I do know is I laid down with him at about 5:30 am and fell asleep at some point I must have felt sick again. I woke up on the bathroom floor about noon. I called work and was ominously told that my boss was in a metting on the first floor.. human resources. This is not good. My performance is not an issued but my company takes missing work very seriously. I called work a few mins ago and spoke withy my boss. He asked why I didnt call. I told him about my son being sick me laying down with him and just not hearing the alarm clock. He said "oh" . God I hope I have a job tomorrow. I hope.. I hope ..

I hope I'll just get a formal warning type thing.. Jesus !

3 Comments:

  • Unless they can show a PATTERN of behavior, it's really, really, really dangerous to fire someone for illness. The department of labor gets real persnickety about those things.

    I DO hope everyone gets to feeling better!

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 5:01 PM  

  • i agree with G. If you have to state it again, make sure you put in the waking up on the bathrroom floor at noon. That is important. It will all work out ok. :)

    By Blogger rfun6, at 7:28 PM  

  • hugs Hun, sounds like you need one.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home