.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, January 03, 2005

Names matter

I had two memorable customers today at ABC insurance. Dear GOD what where their parents thinking!!!!

I swear I'm not making these 2 names up.

Let me introduce.... Yung Ho Can we get a round of applause for Mrs Ho? She drives a late model nice car and has great coverage.. uh insurance wise.

Our follow up act had a memorable first name. I can't remember her last name. The call went something like this.

Me: You work for GMAC, right? Is this a lease or loan?
Her: Yes, GMAC in Somewhere State. This is a retail account, a loan, yes.
Me: Great, we have your company listed correctly. May I get your name for my documentation?
Her: Fatty
Me: uh.. could you spell that for me?
Her: (sigh) Yes that's really my name F as in Frank, A as in apple, TT as in Tom Tom, Y as in yellow.
Me: (speechless for a moment) Ok ma'am I've documented our conversation. Is there anything else I can do for you? *there was no way in HELL I was going to say 'ok fatty I've doc'd our convo'




5 Comments:

  • AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!

    Wait a minute, though ... did these people MARRY into those names? PLEASE tell me neither of these were a willful choice!

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 6:09 PM  

  • Imagine the torture they had to endure growing up. I remember this girl I went to grade school with with the last name of "Butt". Everyone picked on her. Fatty would have really sucked...

    I would have shot my parents for a name like that...

    By Blogger Jesse Stark, at 6:41 PM  

  • being from malaysia, we are bombarded by hong kong actors and actresses with ridiculous names but apart from that, my dad once had a friend whose surname was Kok ( chinese, of course ) and whose first name was Harry.

    That name is etched in my mind forever! bleh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  

  • being from malaysia, we are bombarded by hong kong actors and actresses with ridiculous names but apart from that, my dad once had a friend whose surname was Kok ( chinese, of course ) and whose first name was Harry.

    That name is etched in my mind forever! bleh

    letti.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  

  • And I thought being called Bruce Wayne during the Batman days of the 60s was bad (even though I liked Batman). Oh, my dear Lord....

    By Blogger Bruce -- Harper Blue, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home