.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, January 07, 2005

Cold Blooded Birthday


Picture 031
Originally uploaded by red clover.
Isn't he cute. Ok.. I know. It's a lizard. As Deli pointed out, "it's a mouse with scales *shudder*"

Did I mention I'm not a girly-girl? I love snakes, lizards, heck, most creepy crawlies.

My 7, soon to be 8 yr old, son's birth day is coming up. I'm going to get me.. uh I mean HIM this lovely Mali Uromastyx for his birthday. If, that is, I can finagle my boss down a bit on the price.

My mother has a 75 long tank I can use to house this wonderful guy. (For those of you that don't know... You can get 'fish' tanks in Long, Tall, or Wide. So a 75 long is not that tall. But still holds 75 gallons, it just has more floor space.)

So the birthday bash will be the unveiling of our "new" tank. I plan on dividing it in half. One half for Uri (above) the other half for Hercules, our Sudan Plated Lizard.

Yep, I'm a cool mom! Or some such.

6 Comments:

  • My children would LOVE you. Me...not so much. No snakes or lizards here.

    Catt
    http://cativa.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 PM  

  • It's so ugly its almost cute.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 10:18 PM  

  • You are a *very* cool mom!

    By Blogger JustSue, at 7:51 AM  

  • My daughter has expressed her longing for a turantula or snake or lizard ...I think its anything that she thinks I would probably hate ..and the answer is a resounding NOOOOOOOOO, ask your dad, have as many as u want if he lets u have them at his house but not mine....(shudders at the thought)..I am a dog person. It's gonna stay that way lol

    By Blogger Moon, at 1:12 PM  

  • I got an green iguana. Does that make me cool too? Huh Huh? Excited now. I just got to get the right sort of heat uv heat lamp, without having to pay a fortune for it. :)

    By Blogger rfun6, at 2:25 AM  

  • Moon, I am a doggie/cat person too, but alas they won't let me get the kind I want. Also I think it is better for the dogs life and temperment, for me to wait until all the children have left home. LOL. :)

    By Blogger rfun6, at 2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home