.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, January 14, 2005

Just call me the Spin Doctor

I enjoy writing. No, I am not the best at it. But, damn I can make it look like you've cured cancer and defeated male pattern baldness.. and every word will be true. My annual Year In Review reports that I have to write for myself every year damn near get me nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

These skills often leave co-workers gapping in awe after they've compared my Y-I-R report to theirs. But hey we are doing the same work. So my rep as a "spin doctor" (their term not mine) has gotten around. When a co-worker had to write a brief "about me" for an interview in a different department he turned to me to help buff him up.

What he sent me to work with:

In my current position, I verify coverage’s and endorse policies for policy holders and dealerships. I also process paperwork for our mail team while on the phone. I have worked in (other departments)as well. In all of these departments I have gained (my company) knowledge in, (long list of company processes and proprietary stuff). I have also gained excellent public relations skills as our Relay for Life captain for three years and last year our team raised the highest amount ever for a (my company) team. This month I am rated a 4.8 and a 4.25 for the year.


After the spin:

In my current position, I provide verification of coverage, make any needed endorsements, and ensure that termination notices are sent to appropriate parties to protect our company assets. Outside of my job duties, I also process paperwork for our mail team between calls to insure we, as a department, can meet our Time In Process goals. My experience at (my company) also includes working in (other departments). This has given me a well rounded knowledge of company policies and systems. I am experienced in: (long list of proprietary stuff). Additionally, I have also gained excellent public relations skills as our Relay for Life captain. I position I've had for the last three years. I am happy to say our fund raising last year was the must successful ever, setting a new record for a (my company) team. This month I am rated a 4.8 and a 4.25 for the year.

----
Ok, so this still isn't my best work. I only had 15 mins to work with it. I did have a talk with him about these little things I like to call paragraphs.. repeat it after me, football head, Para-graphs. Sadly, he just sent the big block of multi topic text on. Hey, I did what I could.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home