.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

More about SAW (spoiler free)

ok.. I really really liked it. It was the first time in a long time the end of a movie left me open mouthed.

I, personally, wouldn't consider it horror. It does have some gore and I'd be damned if my kid would watch it (at least not for another 6-8 yrs). I'd deem it more a psychological thriller with blood. A fair amount of blood. Most of the actual "yucky" stuff happens off screen. But you do see bloody hands, blood on the floor etc.

My mother, who can't watch Alien, Poltergeist, or even From Hell, would hate it. Her husband's going to have to watch it on the sly.

But, man it kept you guessing. And in the end, I cringed once or twice, was slack jawed from surprise, but still slept fine. Even if I did double check the doors before bed.. and again at 3:00 am when the storm woke me.

-----------
So, what did you think of it?

6 Comments:

  • I liked it, but didn't like it. Because you just know, that there are sick people like that, out there in the world. It reminded me of the movie Seven in a way. Keeps you guessing, but you can't figure out why someone would be sick enough, to do that crap to anyone. Ick. Kids should not see it. I think it would mess with them, to much to soon. Again, I say Ick.

    By Blogger rfun6, at 6:58 PM  

  • I liked it, but i love movies that make you think you have it all figured out, then switch around to prove youre wrong.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 8:36 PM  

  • Sounds like my kinda movie. I've given up on *horror* movies,, only so many plots can be made and remade and the scare factor just isn't there anymore. THANKS for lettin me know!!

    By Blogger reesie, at 10:54 PM  

  • again I thought it was awesome...
    a movie that Raistlan can't predict the ending, is a good movie in my books...
    I saw it in the theatre... oh wow...

    I don't like that people have been comparing it to Se7en but to each their own... the only way that its comparable is the fact that its someone trying to teach people a "lesson"... thats it.

    I say see it to anyone who hasn't ;)

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 1:56 PM  

  • What is SAW??? Isn't the latest horror movie called Constantine? Have I have been out of touch for too long? I thought I was only gone for a week.

    By Blogger Pierce Ranger, at 3:57 PM  

  • I finally watched it, over the weekend.

    I did it right, too: alone, turned out all the lights, drank a bottle of wine during the movie.

    I thought it was quite good, reminded me a little bit of Silence of the Lambs because obviously there is some gore but there is also a mind-warp of trying to figure out what's going on and watching the characters and thinking "you need to do X and Y" but not really being SURE since you don't know all the facts.

    I hear there is a Saw II, which I doubt will be as good, but maybe it will, I can see them playing with this for a while. When we get to Saw VII in 3-d, though, it will be kinda ridiculous.

    I loved the plot twists and the "wow" factor afterward when I pieced it together in my mind.

    By Blogger Silly Old Bear, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home