.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Hypochondria: It's not just a hobby!


BULL
Originally uploaded by red clover.
It's a way of life for some. Enter my mother stage right.

Every year for as long as I can remember my mother has solemnly informed me she's not going to live to see another year.

It's her heart, liver, gallbladder, eyes, migraines, breasts, or uterus. If you can name a part it has been included in the "it's going to kill me" list at some point.

Web MD is the WORST thing in the universe for a hypochondriac. She now has even more ailments to choose from. And dear Lord, no matter what I tell her is wrong with me or my son she has or had the same thing.

I could call her and tell her I have blood shooting in a 6 foot arc from my eyes every 30 minutes and she will undoubtedly chirp in with "oh yes, I know what you mean, I had that just 3 days ago"

Now, any sensible person (insert hysterical laughter) would go the frickin doctor! But, nooo. That costs too much; her symptoms are never there when she gets to the doctor. Uh huh. Yeah. Sure ma.

6 Comments:

  • hilarious! ! ! nice blog /msdedi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

  • I had no idea you were trying to write me !

    ;-)

    By Blogger Noah Bawdy™, at 9:03 PM  

  • Yep that is what she has. Hypo what ever. It was so funny. My first hubby was sorta like that. My dad would wait until he left the room and would whisper to me, "Just watch and listen when he comes back." I would say "ok". Ex would come back in and sit down and my dad would start with "Oh my leg, its been hurting all day long. Right around the knee." Then the Ex would say. "You know my knee has been hurting me too today." My dad and I would laugh and laugh about it later on. But it didn't matter where you said. Dad would change it up and make it his arm, or stomach, or head, etc. But it always worked. So funny. Don't know why some people are like that.

    By Blogger rfun6, at 11:34 PM  

  • http://older.blogdrive.com
    I know someone who reads an internet doc and belives it all too - have a great weekend

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 AM  

  • Perhaps you should tell her there's a "special" dr. who knows how to catch all those nasty ailments the other drs. can't see. ;)

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 9:48 AM  

  • My Grandma is the same way. It drives me crazy!

    By Blogger smizzo, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home