.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, June 28, 2004

Subjective Time

Well, I just finished chatting with Les. We spent an obscene amount of time talking to each other today. How much time you ask? .. we were way past offensive and into really vulgar amounts of time. But not vulgar chat.. so there :p

While we were chatting, we commented on how subjective time is. In the morning, for example, standing in front of the microwave waiting 60 seconds for my first cup of coffee to heat up is an eternity. But, when I'm talking to him, be it on the phone, or on voice chat 60 MINUTES seems to pass in the same amount of time that coffee took this morning.

No matter how long or frequently we speak, I never get bored. In fact he always has something to say that touches me, or sparks some debate, or pushes me to explore, learn and interact in some way.

So you wanna know what we talked about? Here's a few of todays topics, in no particular order... (drum roll please)

1. Some girl's picture someone emailed me
2. His family and how the visit went
3. My dietary requirements due to my surgery
4. How you can use a paper towel to blot the top of pizza and cut the fat by 25%
5. The fact that GA is a screwed up state ex. Anal and oral sex were just legalized here a few years ago
6. Do you put paper on public toilet seats before you sit (aka the butt gasket)
7. Cost vs benefits of regulated vaccinations for kids
8. The fact that only 1 in 4 women can orgasm from sexual intercourse alone
9. Straight vs Curly debate about my hair (if I brush it dry it will be more or less straight.. let it dry naturally it's curly)
10. The cost of heath insurance here vs there
11. The Vinyl Café
12. Did he have to shave off body hair when he was on the swim team


There were other topics too, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. God, I love this man. We can, and do, talk about anything. Someone trying to follow our conversations would have to dodge and weave more than an offensive linebacker in the final game of the superbowl.

You know the best part! All of our conversations are like this. Yes, every single one. That's why I've said in the past "Talking to Les is like driving down an unknown road. I have no idea where we'll end up.. but I've always loved the scenery". And he worries I'll get bored with him... silly wabbit Trix are for kids.. You, however, are for me. I love you, you've enlightened and enlivened my life.

(after thought... I am assuming you have Trix breakfast cereal there)
Ok. I'm going to bed. Yall come back now, ya hear!

1 Comments:

  • Well thank goodness cause I'd be up the creek without a paddle if I would've moved to Ga before anal and oral sex were legalized :)

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home