.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Almost time

On June 4th my son, father, stepfather, and brother-in-law went deep sea fishing. While the men where fishing and getting rained on we, the spouses (and me the mom)went shopping. While us landlubbers were wandering through junk shops and antique stores, my son was having the best day of his life.

My 10 year old son hooked the largest shark the captain had ever seen. Close to 8 feet long and approx 150 lbs! My father helped him wrestle it to the boat where after a hard hour long fight to reel it in, they cut it loose.

While dad and James were fighting with their shark, my step father and brother-in-law had hooked and were working on smaller sharks.

It was a good day for all.
-----------------------
However, we now only have 8 days left here in Georgia before we move to Canada. My son and I have been staying at my mother’s house for the last 3 weeks while mom and Rick have been gone.

My mother and her husband took some vacation time for the fishing trip and have been in town and staying here at the house with us since then. Tonight shortly after midnight, they had to return to work. They drive a semi truck (tracter trailer) across county/OTR and will not be back home for 4 to 6 weeks.

Sooo.. I, tonight, hugged them for what was very likely the last time for a very long time.

Man! This house seems very large and very empty without them and their two dogs. However, my son will be back from vacation bible school tomorrow so I wont be alone at least. AND even more importantly, I will be seeing my husband a week from Monday.

AND THEN... And Then.. I'll see Anna and Moon the day after Then on to Canada for my step-daughters graduation. ** Kita, I'm so proud of you and cant wait to see you again! Hugs

Woo Hoo.. 3 long years in the making.

2 Comments:

  • Detour through Kentucky?

    By Blogger Amanda, at 10:03 PM  

  • Casual reader and first comment. Good luck on the new chapter in your life. I wish you the best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home