.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

In the process....

I was in the middle of typing up a note that it had "now" been 60 hours since I saw my cat when I heard one single meow.

You know how parents learn to pick their child's voice, cry etc out of a room of other kids. Well, I'd know my cat's meow anywhere. She doesn't do alot of talking/vocalization.. but she's mine.

Hearing that one Meow was like a shot in the ass. I started running around the house. I opened everything that was still closed (including Drawers in dressers, yes I was that worried), called her name and ... well.. nothing.

I started to believe I'd imagined that single "meow" out of pure want.

Then I found her.

Thank the gods. She hit the food and water dishes, went to her litter box and now she's the needy one. I cant even sit still for more than 10 seconds before she wants me to pet her. I'm so happy.

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you found her! My cat took off once and was gone for 10 whole days. I heard him meowing at 4:00 a.m. Just like that, I was wide awake.

    By Blogger Chris & Cheryl, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home