.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Nectar of the dogs

No, that's not a typo. My life is suddenly full of small ironies that add up to a big pain in the butt.

An aside before we get started. If you do a google search for mennonite skirt length I'm #5. What's up with that?!

Anyway.. On with the show.

Ok we know my car broke down. It's still not fixed. Next:

My Gyno went out of business so I have to go the (shudder) Health Department to get a refill on my birth control.. bleah. And then:

After living in Georgia for over 10 years, I got a letter informing me I have been selected for jury duty... On the 30th. Chris was laughing. I don't think he knew his life was in danger. This "civic duty" comes just 4 days before an expensive and prepaid non-refundable deep sea fishing trip I booked for my son and 5 male family members, who I might add ALL had to take a day off work. Did I mention my car still isn't repaired? Did I also mention the site of this fishing trip is almost 3.5 hours away? Still More Coming:

My husband who lives next door to Santa in the deep north of Canada has been told he will need some specialized training. In July... A few scant weeks after my son and I drive 5000 miles to be with him... Did I also mention the training will be in.. wait for it... VIRGINIA a teeny tiny 500 miles from where I live now! You see where my life is headed? Not done yet!

AND I started my period today. Which means when my husband and I drive this 5000 miles.. in a midsized car.. with a 10 year old boy, a cat, and a lizard, I'm going to be in prime PMS mode. Valium for everyone! Only One More Thing: (thank the gods)

My "message bean" which was supposed to look like this---


Instead died a gruesome and extremely smelly slimy death. So I did what anyone curious about how these things work would do. I autopsied it and posted the pix to Flickr.

So.. THERE! Stupid bean...

2 Comments:

  • OMG Jen...repeat after me THIS TOO SHALL PASS, THIS TOO SHALL PASS...Deep Breaths gf!
    PS..Can u make sure u have enough Valium for all of us in Chicage too! hehe..

    By Blogger Moon, at 2:19 PM  

  • Heh. Want to get out of jury duty? Just start enthusiastically asking random people, "Am I gonna get to GAS somebody?!"

    By Blogger Justice, at 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home