.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Last Time

I told Chris, my cousin, I loved him was when my brother died. I, almost, fell into his arms with grief.

Chris, had he been straight and not a family member, is my soul mate.

I cried on his shoulder tonight. Last night I hung up on my husband. I was baring my soul and he was buying cigarettes. PMS is somewhat to blame.. but even still.

Chris has told me he's not going to think about me leaving until it happens. Truth to tell...

I love my parents... I love my siblings, But the thing that makes me shake in my boots about leaving is leaving Chris.

He's my best friend.. often the only one.

Thanks Chris. As always, even on the phone, you are the one I lean on when life is hard.

Chris! (close your eyes) I love you.

3 Comments:

  • I was going to attempt to write something thoughtful and supportive, but I will just say I love you as well. The tail lights of a certain gold car driving away will be one of the hardest things I ever see.

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:57 AM  

  • Awe, my heart goes out to u ...Jen, and chris...I can only empathize with you ..I know it will be very hard...but new adventures abound and Chris, hopefully you will be able to travel out to see her and James...I have always been so gratefull that Jenn has such a great cousin to share with, she has always spoken of you in such high regard...big hugs to u all.

    By Blogger Moon, at 3:26 PM  

  • The awful thought of taking her away from you, Chris, is tempered by the fact that you are there for her now. It doesn't balance it so much, but I am grateful. Thank you, and I am sorry.

    By Blogger Student of Life, at 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home