.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Dorothy Parker.. How I love her

“I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do any thing. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.”

Speaking of biting nails.

I used to bite my nails down till they bled. I spent 6 weeks getting acrylic overlays to break the habit. That's been almost 2 or 3 years.

A few days ago I bit off my thumb nails. It was better than the first cup of coffee in the morning. Almost better than sex.

I mentioned it to my cousin, he wasn't surprised.

Chris: Fingernails are hardwired to endorphines. They have to be. You notice I have no nails.


1 Comments:

  • I have the same problem. I am totally hooked on biting my nails. I always have been. Im to the point where I can let them grow out, but should one chip, Im like whoo hOOO, I get to bite it off to even it.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home