.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Move the MILK

What is it about men and boys? Does having a penis rob them of the ability to effectively look for things?

Example:

Son: Mom! Where's the jelly?
Me: In the 'fridge
Son: I don't see it
Me: Did you look behind the milk?

(silence).. then Son: Oh, here it is

I rest my case. My father does this, my brothers did this What's the deal!

Before my son went on vacation he asked where his car charger for his game boy was. "In the car" I replied. He goes outside, comes back in three minutes and announces he can't find it.

Me: If I go out there and pick it up in the first 60 seconds you are standing in the corner.
Him: What about 65 seconds
Me: (evil eye) Let me rephrase that.. If I go out there and find it in the first 60 seconds you will be on Gameboy and Playstation restriction for a week.
Him: I'll be right back

(Five minutes later) Him: It's OK mom. I found it.
Me: I thought you would

grrrrrr

6 Comments:

  • Not so loud you'll give away our secret...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 PM  

  • It's an international phenom that know's no boundaries I am afraid to report. The boy does the exact same thing.

    By Blogger JustSue, at 12:29 AM  

  • My son LOST an entire BOX of garbage bags three days ago... not really related, but I thought I'd share.

    By Blogger Justice, at 1:08 AM  

  • doesn't matter the age...
    it seems I have three sons that do that..
    a 9 year old
    a 5 year old
    and
    a 31 year old ;)

    in our house it's
    'did you look for it really? or did you look like a man?'

    which of course gets the Ms Swan impressions going full tilt "he looka like-a man"

    (for those of you who don't know me...my man is the 31 yr old child) :P

    lkkicxt

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 4:50 AM  

  • My wife does it, too, so it's not just men/boys. :P

    By Blogger monogodo, at 12:02 AM  

  • All males i have ever come across do exactly that

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home