.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The children are our future


Live the dream
Originally uploaded by red clover.
I had to get a picture of this. My cousin was with me and he, thankfully, had his camera phone with him.

My first cash register

What better way to reward your child than by teaching them the skills they'll need to make it in the competitive Cashier industry. Nothing says "You can be ANYTHING you want when you grow up!" quite like the My First (implied: "first" but certainly not last) Cash Register.

Reach for the stars kids! One day you too can say, "So that was $10 in gas and a six pack, anything else?" with ease and grace.

The only thing more pessimistic would be the "My First Prison Tattoo Kit".... sigh

6 Comments:

  • Hey, I like those toy cash registers, they're cool. They have one with a hand held scanner and fake credit cards.

    ...and and it's digital.

    Also works as a calculator,I want one! :p

    Hope you had a nice quiet kidless week.

    *hugs*

    By Blogger Anna, at 3:18 AM  

  • Hey, don't be knockin' the cash register! That was my FAVORITE toy as a kid.

    Next to my plastic, triple 7s slot machine.

    By Blogger smizzo, at 12:07 PM  

  • LMAO at both of the above..I have to say I loved playing store when I was little myself, and totally envied the super neat one I got Cleo when she was little, it was leeps and bounds better then the one I had back in the dark ages...but I think , correct me if I'm wrong Jenn....the point was all about the *FIRST* but far from last Cash register lol..

    But seriously, I am amazed at how many times ppl working the cash are LOST when they have to count back the change if they don't see the amount displayed for them becasue of a malfunction or the cash drawer got closed, whatever. It's like seeing a deer caught in the headlights...um dah, er, ok that was um..I owe u uh?...OMG..and these are probably all ppl who never had a cash register to play with as a child lmao!!

    By Blogger Moon, at 4:29 PM  

  • after reading Moonie's comment I'm a bit scared to say what I was going to say...

    I never had one... nothing like a cash register... AND I can't back change properly most of the time.

    Then again Math is not my strong suit.


    hnelw

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 11:41 PM  

  • I never had any of those fancy Schmancy toys.

    I got two words, Mud Pies. No way can the cash register be more fun then making mud pies.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 12:33 AM  

  • My kids loved theirs but after a few days wanted real money to play with

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home