.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, July 21, 2006

Boobies!


IMG_0063
Originally uploaded by red clover.
We went swimming with my cousin, Chris, a few days ago. As Chris took off his shirt my son hollered "Boobies!"

I turned and looked to see what was going on, taking in the scene I replied, "Yeah well you have boobies too"

"Yeah but not like that" he said, "Not that big."

Now my cousin isnt a fat guy. He doesn't have a big ole pair of man boobs or anything.

James then said "What are those pink things?"

(Deep breath, try and maintain composure) "Those are his nipples, you have them too. When you get older yours will get darker too"

Oh, he replied.

-----------------------------

While my son was on the phone with my beau tonight he posed one of the typical James questions. I thought.. "whew, at least I'm not the one being grilled this time"

James askes, "How can jellyfish breathe underwater since they don't have gills?"

And people wonder why I have forehead wrinkles at 30....

2 Comments:

  • How embarrassing! I'm so glad I don't have to explain all about boobs (man or woman ones) and stuff anymore. phew.

    By Blogger Its Me!, at 3:25 AM  

  • But could you explain puffy man nipples to anyone?

    By Blogger Amanda, at 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home