.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Who is chad?

An interesting question.. "Chad" is the person/program that took over my PC for the last week or so. I received a popup that was... uh interesting to say the least about 5 days ago.

There was no "Yes or No" choice. I ended up doing the three finger salute... aka ctrl, alt, Del. This, of course, triggered the "save to disk" function. This... ugh... installed the program prompted by the popup... in other words it installed "Chad's access".

Chad was suddenly installed as the master authority for my PC. I, formerly the "owner", was relegated to grunt status. I had no (insert sarcastic voice here) authority to change security settings on this machine.

FUCK!!!!! Ok... So Chad and I danced. I could literally WATCH him make changes on my PC thru the "remote access" help function.

I'd disable a system function and head to another... and he'd change it back to allow him access.

At one point I was trying to change his security access and realized I couldn’t do. FUCK... then I noticed my blinking cursor in the "security access name" box... I could change Chad's name... (Insert evil grin) I changed his name to "ASSPOTATO"

Fifteen minutes or so later I received a "system wide message" that said Ha-Ha. And Chad changed his name to "system security" and closed the loophole that let me re-name him in the first place.

Long story short... I have bested Chad and reassumed control of my PC. It took me every damn resource I could think of and (thankfully) I had Windows Patch 2 on CD from Windows themselves. ChaD ALMOST COST ME THE MAN I CALL HUSBAND...

So... SCREW YOU CHAD.. you fuckin asspotato. ;)

2 Comments:

  • YAY! U warrior goddess U!...Thats showing it...I love it when any ass potato is killed!

    By Blogger Moon, at 4:57 PM  

  • Gald you got rid of him - death to asspotatos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home