.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, January 16, 2006

Using bereavement is.. good?

My mother's husband's father has passed away. While I was never close to him, it is a big deal for my mother and her husband, obviously.

I loaned them my car for the week so they could travel down for arrangements and services. So, I'm bumming around in the huge gas guzzling truck they use when they are home.

I went into work and explained the circumstances to my boss and arranged to take Wed-Friday off using bereavement leave.

After having taken care of that I joined my co-workers and explained why I was late and what was going on. You know .. I had too, my company survives on gossip, you see.

One of the ladies made a few statements about me using a lot of bereavement lately. I let it pass. She made another comment on how she wished she could have taken an extra two weeks off in the last two years. I got a bit snarky at that point. I turned around.. and said, "hey guess what.. I'll gladly trade you two weeks off for the life of my brother back.. Deal?"

There were no more little comments about my using my bereavement.

3 Comments:

  • People can be so insensitive. What an ass.

    By Blogger Justice, at 10:25 PM  

  • OMG, What a fecking bitch...no wait slash that..cunt.

    I'm so sorry that you even had to deal with someone that stupid hon, she obviously has no brains and absolutely no heart.

    The nerve of some people *shakes head*

    By Blogger Anna, at 6:30 AM  

  • I have to agree with what everyone else said...cept Shan lol, Shan, She is in no way related to this person, its her moms hubby, nothing more lol....
    As for the person..well as Chris sometimes says...some ppl should just be shot at birth...

    By Blogger Moon, at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home