.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, December 23, 2005

Of mice and (wo)men

I have a mouse living in the vicinity of my microwave. The cat is pissed because she can't catch it. So am I.

I put down 2 mouse traps and have failed to catch the little bugger. Twice, on each trap, it has snatched the bait and lived to mock me. Next.. glue traps.

I'm in the final crunch before my beau comes down for his visit and I have a mild to moderate case of lazy-ass. Sure I've done the usual laundry, dishes, and toilet cleaning. Other than that.. Well I've swept the room with a glance.. Does that count?

If he shows up with white gloves he won't be gett'n any. The idea is to see the "real" me anyway right? Even if that does include at least one sticky/grubby patch here and there.

I've come to the conclusion that my son wakes up every night after I've gone to sleep and goes around rubbing, touching, and funk-ifying every single thing we own. Having an 8 year old boy is damn near guaranteeing you will have at least one muddy/sticky/grubby spot on every wall, floor, ceiling, tile, switchplate, or any other vertical, horizontal or oblique surface in the house. Usually all at once.

How the HELL does he do it?!? Welcome to "lived-in".

3 Comments:

  • Merry Christmas to you, your son, and your mouse!!


    Name it Lemmiwinks.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 1:12 AM  

  • JOYEUX NOËL to you Jenn, James, Les when he gets there , Lemmiwinks the mouse and all the other living creatures I know that James owns.....from Me, Chris, Cléo, Luc, Raymond, Shinoo and Clochette

    By Blogger Moon, at 11:28 AM  

  • Even if that does include at least one sticky/grubby patch here and there.

    So long as the sticky/grubby patch is in your home and not on your body.

    By Blogger monogodo, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home