.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, December 22, 2005

A new problem

** in an effort to halt what could have been an international crisis ;) let me say first that this has been resolved and the trip is still on. My beau wanted me to point that out before the lynch mob formed. Hi Shan.. Hi moon.. ***

My beau called just moments ago. The news is not good. His family has given him an ultimatum.

If he chooses to come visit me he will not have a place to live or any financial help from them. Lovely, huh? He just got out of college and has not yet gotten a job, so he likely will need his family's continued goodwill.

I've told him that I will not blame him if he chooses not to come. And I won't. It's a terrible thing to have to choose between someone you love and your family and I won't ask that of him. Especially not right now, when he needs the support and place to stay while he gets settled.

He explained to them that I am financing this trip, not a looney of the money being spent is theirs. It doesn't matter to them. They say he needs to focus on getting work, now. Because of course between now and January 8th every job in Canada will be suddenly taken, granted they didn't say that to him, but yea fucken right. Like 10 days with me will change the rotation of the planet, melt polar ice caps and single handedly initiate the end of the world.

I hate that he's in this spot. He's worried I'll think less of him if he chooses not come. And that's just not true. I will be bitterly disappointed, but not because of him. No.. That blame lies entirely on the people that "love" him and are willing to force him to make a choice. I would not, and will not ask that of him.

I love him. In spite of his family.

---
Edit: From my beau's daughter "His family has given him an ultimatum. ......that should be His family (excluiding his wonderful daughter) has given him an ultimatum" She likes me ;)

4 Comments:

  • *Makes note to curse future in-laws for Red*


    Get that chicken back out Rae.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 8:36 PM  

  • That is so wrong of his family to do to him, especially during the holidays.

    I'm so sorry for you both. I hope he goes to see you anyway. They need to understand that they can't control someone with ultimatums.

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:15 PM  

  • I'm glad that things have been resolved, I was about to polish my pitchfork and gather my torches.

    By Blogger Me, at 1:38 AM  

  • I am just relieved that it has been resolved and everything is going to happen as it should be. I also think it is an ironic twist to be on the cusp of a new quest with job and life with you that he is brought to a point of having to stand up to his family...sincrinisity happens for a reason...he can continue onwards with his head held a bit higher with you at his side.

    By Blogger Moon, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home