.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, August 08, 2005

If you say so, sir

I received a call today from a customer that was not happy with one of my companies commercials.

Me: Thank you for calling ABC insurance. How may I help you?

Him: (agressive and angry) I just wanted to call to say I hate "commercial name". I think it is the stupidest commercial I've ever seen. I can't believe you paid someone to come up with that.

Me: I'm sorry you feel that way sir. I'll certainly pass your opinion on to management.

Him: (starting to calm down but still going strong) Good. You tell them that if ANYBODY calls you as a result of that commercial they HAVE to be a f**king idiot.

Me: Yes sir. I'll tell them you called. Let me repeat your complaint back to make sure I have it correctly. You think the commercial is "stupid" and not a good investment for our advertising money. You also think anyone that calls ABC insurance as a result of seeing the commercial is an idiot.. Is that right?

(Silence.. shocked silence.. I could hear the hamsters frantically running in the wheels of his mind. I could almost hear him thinking "wait a minute.. I just called .. as a result of seeing the commercial")

Him: (cue the sound of defeat) Um.. yeah. It's just not a good commercial.


Me: Was there anything else you wanted to add? I can take your name and number and have someone call you back if you like.

Him: (now sounds 85 and confused) Uh.. no .. that's all. {click}

------
Somedays I don't even have to TRY. They figure it out on their own.

5 Comments:

  • Clover, Hon, are you having problems with male infertility?

    By Blogger Amanda, at 9:36 PM  

  • That is great!

    By Blogger Justice, at 7:15 PM  

  • Ha Good one! Happy Weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 AM  

  • Hehehe. Sometimes I'm convinced half the world is full of morons. The other half is full of idiotic morons.

    By Blogger Vixen, at 5:58 AM  

  • That. Was. Great. ;)

    By Blogger ~M~, at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home