.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Simple Pleasures

It has begun. My one child-free week of the year. My son is enjoying sunny St. Augustine Florida with the landlords/surrogate grandparents.

Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do with my week. My reply: Oh, the same things I usually do. But, I can do it all NAKED! Woo-hoo!

When I told my father that he laughed. He completely understood. He said it was the same way with him when I'd go visit my mother. See.. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

------------

I received a gift from my beau, you know, the Canadian. It's a book; it's written by a Canadian. It's title? Why I Hate Canadians. I'm only two chapters into it. I've already laughed and laughed.

---------

In honor of my child-free week, I took today off. For no good reason, just because I could. My cousin, Chris, and I are going to see Fantastic 4 later today. It'll be a good day.

2 Comments:

  • OMG I would have gagged at the idea of my mother wandering around naked in my absence!

    Hope you liked the movie, the boy and I checked it out the other week and had a wonderful discussion afterwards about what "special power or gift" we would want. I was kinda torn between invisibility and the ability to fly. The boy naturally just wanted to be "the Thing"!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM  

  • Chris and I went to the movies TWICE! last week since neither border was home..(no sitter to pay 7$ hr too!)
    We saw (War of the Worlds)and really enjoyed it and (Batman Begins) which we totally loved, thought is was awesome!

    By Blogger Moon, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home