.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Compliments

Do you remember the first "adult" compliment you received? By that I mean the first compliment that made you feel attractive in more than a 'cute kid' kinda way?

I do. I was 15, leaning over the waist high fence to talk to a male friend of mine who was in the pool.

He looked up, stared at me for a few moments and said "My God.. The way the sun is behind you, shining through your hair.. You look like a goddess with a halo of red gold fire."

I've never forgotten those words. Even now, almost 15 years later, when I see the sun shine through my hair.. I feel that same thrill of surprise I felt hearing him say those words.

I don't remember his name.. but his words. Wow.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger reesie, at 10:53 PM  

  • I think my first one was when i was about 14 or 15 and this really cute guy that worked at a grocery store near my house, he was head carry out,, what a dreamy job that was back then,,lol. He had a van and everything. He stopped by my house one day after work and asked me if he could drive me to school the next morning because he wanted to spend some time with me cuz he thought i was pretty, imagine that!!,,lol,, he gave me my first *real* kiss too.

    By Blogger reesie, at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home