.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Losers R Us

My middle brother, Jarrod (23), has always been very... uh... well... greedy. He’s very focused on money. Always has been, likely always will be.

My mother bought some of those gag scratch off lottery tickets. The ones that always win.

She gave one to Jarrod. He put it aside and said he’d scratch it later. I heard about this from Jarrod while we were on the way to lil bro’s graduation.

When he scratched it off he “won” $5,555.00. Jarrod just about crapped. He was jumping up and down, screaming, He ran into the yard, told his neighbors, called his dad, wife, and his drinking buddies.

He then flipped it over to see where he could redeem it. “Must redeem in person at Losers R Us, 124 Sucker St, In Your Dreams, CA”

He was not a very good sport about it. It was ALL he could talk about on the drive to and from the graduation. He’ll never live it down.

3 Comments:

  • I'd have to say that would make me cry. Does that make me greedy? LOL

    By Blogger smizzo, at 10:01 AM  

  • You know i could not take a joke like that, it would be too much. Hope your weekend goes well. Strange i used to foster a small boy called jarrod years ago and have never heard the name since its not popular here

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM  

  • Now that you mention it, I think I'll be hunting for some to put in some graduation cards myself...

    Gary
    http://garylapointe.com/mypointe/

    By Blogger Gary LaPointe, at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home