.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, May 23, 2005

Steak N Shake Part 2

Chris rode home with me from Florida on Wednesday. We stopped in, as usual, at Steak N Shake on the way home. What is it about S-N-S that brings out the Seinfeld in us?
Last time it was Spatula (Us! With a Handle)
This time it was a small note on the upper left corner of the placemat. It was the MasterCard logo and a short sentence that got us started.

It said (MasterCard Logo) We accept MasterCard, while humming a merry little tune.

You should have seen the evil glint in Chris’ eye. He looked at the bill, did quick math to see what the total would be, and then sagged. He looked up and said, “That person better be glad I don’t have much room left on the card or I’d hold them to that little sentence”.

We then spent 10 mins gong back and forth over possible scenarios of that.

Hey! I paid w/ MC where’s my tune?!
No, No, I don’t like that tune, can you try another?
I want to hear I’m a Lumberjack and I’m ok. Do you know that one?


I love Steak N Shake. Oh, and the food was good too.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home