.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Leftover love

Whew.. My son and landlords just got back from the Thankgiving day feast. I have eaten my plate of left overs. Damn that was good.. and look ma! No dishes!

Now that I've eaten enough starch to iron a platoon of dress uniforms, I'm feeling a bit sleepy. Well duh! All in all. It was great!

Turkey (white meat)
Ham
Sweet potatoes with a luscious brown sugar glaze
Snap beans with bacon
Lima beans
Mac and cheese (homemade not Kraft dinner)

No desert but I'm fine w/ the sweet potatoes. I ate them last .. mm mm. I love my Shirley and Harold. The only flaw in an otherwise mouthwatering plate of goodies was 2 deviled eggs.. (insert gagging noises here)

I flicked them off the plate and into the garbage like 2 big boogers. On second thought.. you know I'd probably eat boogers before I'd eat deviled eggs. Oh in case you didn't notice.. I don't like eggs. :)~

Hope your day was good!

7 Comments:

  • You know, my mother always made deviled eggs for Thanksgiving--a whole plate full. Neither my brother nor I ever ate one and I never saw her take more than 1. I wonder where all the rest of those eggs went?

    hmmmm ...

    I hope your day was wonderful!

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 1:17 AM  

  • ok thats just the weirdest thing I've heard today (btw been with Anna and her family so I heard some pretty weird things...anyway...) I have never heard of devilled eggs at thanksgiving... to my clan devilled eggs are summer food...you know at picnics and such...

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 2:30 AM  

  • Deviled eggs? What? Sweet potatoes, turkey and ham... Yes. Eggs - definitely odd. But the best part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers. I'd completely love some right now! I'm so jealous!

    By Blogger Kirsten, at 11:26 AM  

  • Deviled eggs. Yep I made them for Thanksgiving dinner. Had four made. I don't like eggs either. Scrambled, fried, boiled, etc. nope I don't like. But the kids love them and ate all but 2. :)

    By Blogger rfun6, at 12:30 PM  

  • The only thing I like Deviled Is me.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 10:52 PM  

  • Sounds like you feel the way about eggs the way I feel about mayo. Bleh. I'm SO glad your day was a good one. :)

    By Blogger smizzo, at 1:26 AM  

  • Ya I'm with Rae , never heard of deviled eggs at Thanks Giving,,,must be an american thing lol...best part of the big turkey dinner after of course using all your best china and linens to make a beautiful table, is the next day leftovers..we call bunstuffers, fresh buns with left over turkey , then add left over stuffing and a tad of gravy or not...omg they are so good...I am hungry now damnit.

    By Blogger Moon, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home