.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

In the battle Man Vs Boy

Boy Wins.

On Wednesday after the wedding we called and made an appointment to get our pictures done, picked my son up from school and got him back into his suit and headed for ABC Insurance.

My co-workers had made me promise we’d stop by while dressed in our wedding finery.

There Les learned a valuable lesson. Kids are cute. Kids are WAY cuter than brides and/or spouses.

All the introductions went something like this:

Me: This is Les, my new husband (beam with pride)
The Co-Worker: Hi Les it’s nice to meet you. OH MY GOODNESS LOOK AT JAMES! Oh I’ve not seen you since you were this tall.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

If we were lucky we’d get to talk for 2 or 3 minutes BEFORE… OMG is that JAMES. OH you’re SO Handsome! (They beam at him with something like pride)

James ended up having a long talk with a group of my (female) co-workers about lizards, snakes, etc. My former supervisor, Jim, was about to break his neck listening in and watching James. Of course Jim loves all children so that wasn’t unusual.

Les and I wandered around somewhat disjointedly as cries of “Ohh Look there’s Red’s SON” and the chorus of Awes went around. It was like being at a Bingo Hall.

Kids, ‘specially a cute kid, make my co-workers lose their heads a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home