.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Why I don't do karoke

My father sings professionally. My step-monster . uh I mean moTHER, sings as well. They are GREAT

My husband was a bit perturbed at me for not getting up and singing at the party we attended with my Father and Linda a few days (count 'em THREE DAYS) after we were married. L, my step mother sang a song for us .. We danced as a COUPLE for the first time then......

He, maybe, doesn't understand the fear and pressure I feel when they are in the room. My father (and Linda) are PROFESSIONAL singers. Les can fuck up a song and it's nothing and no reflection on them (dad). Sorry, hun I couldn't explain it then.. I'm sure(/hope) you can understand at this time.

If I butcher a song... Everyone there knows I'm V and L's daughter.. And I can easily imagine this "Oh My Fuken Godness.. She sucks donkey dick!!! Are you sure V didn't adopt?!?"

I don't sing in public.. Not out of fear for my reputation.. But more from fear of public opinion..

Yep.. Even I am a slave to opinion sometimes.

-----------------
As an aside.. Les sang 3 songs.. and DAYUM he was GOOD. Dad and L, thought so... As we were leaving he was complemented by a group of other professional singers that were there that night.

That's MY HUSBAND! Rowr.. mmmm.. *evil grin**

----------- More on that night when it's in the right time frame.. . ha ha ha.. I have a pic of Les dancing "Kentucky hick" style right next to the Gent (read that MILLIONAIRE dressed as a pimp) that lived next door to Ronny VanZant/Lynyrd Skynyrd/Free Bird.. A friend of My father's.. umm no pressure for me.. Oh yeah.. WTF EVER!

2 Comments:

  • HEHE, I can't wait to see that pic of Les dancing.
    I totally understand about the singing thing...family reunions my moms family all sing..I never do. I will only sing some times with my mom when its just us..
    Mom's family when younger, were singers..yrs ago. My mom even won contests on her own back in the day. Bla bla bla...so I totally get it.

    By Blogger Moon, at 4:34 PM  

  • I dont sing. At least not in public. Though In my car, I am the next American Idol.

    Plus, put enough booze in me, and I do a MAD rendition of, "I touch myself."

    I am awesome that way.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home