.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Eve



Well.. hmm.. Where to start. We headed into Atlanta to see the World of Coke museum. The place was crowded, of course; we had a good time anyway. Les was somewhat disappointed there was no overview of the bottling process. And.. I agree it would have been interesting to see. All in all though it was worth the $23 for all three of us.

After leaving Atlanta we had a picnic lunch at a near by state park, Indian Springs. Les and James played on the swings, both tire and regular. We crossed the "one foot bridge" several times (This, of course, being nothing more than a rule Les made up on the spot. We hopped and enjoyed ourselves. He's gonna be a great dad). James was thrilled to see the "waterfall". I'd seen it before and advised Les not to snicker when he saw it. The cheesy grin he had as he tried to hide his bemused reaction at the term "waterfall" ruined the valiant attempt on his part.

So.. What most of you REALLY want to know. How did meeting my psychotic untraditional family go?

Really well I think. The people I worried about were all on their best behavior. My mother said he wasn't what she was expecting, but has not clarified that. I don't know what she was expecting, but seemingly Les wasn't it. He met a slew of people, some related, some not. I think everyone got a favorable impression of him. I'm not worried. Though my mother did have the nerve to look shocked when I mentioned moving to Canada. It's not like we haven't had this conversation before.. Several times.

But I digress.. It went well.

4 Comments:

  • Fianally...we have been waiting patiently for an update.

    Nothing about slammin bods yet ;)

    Geesh, maybe something juicy in post #3 *giggles*

    Happy New Year!!!

    By Blogger Anna, at 10:58 PM  

  • You can see how excited I was to be the first to post...

    I swear I went to college *giggles*

    Finally!!!! I'm first to post the first post of the New Year.

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:00 PM  

  • Pushes Anna outta the way, she purposely told me u finally posted AFTER she did the first post the sneaky wench....
    I am relieved that Les wasn't carted off to jail or strapped into a jacket for the mentally normal.....we already know we are all insane..hehe...
    Looking forward to more play by play comintary hehe...btw HAPPY NEW YEAR TO U BOTH...OXOXOX

    By Blogger Moon, at 11:59 PM  

  • Hey..no pushing, you almost made me spill my Arizona (made in NY) green tea..

    I want to be able to see that body slammin up close, you know I'm blind :P

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home