.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Blessings


Us being silly
Originally uploaded by red clover.
I was talking to a lady at work today when I realized how much I really do have in my life.

She is 6 months pregnant and her labor will be induced on Friday. Her child has died inside her.

It was a text book perfect pregnancy until she realized she hadn't felt the baby move for a few days. One quick sonogram is all it took to confirm the worst.

I can't imagine her level of self control or strength to come into work and relay that kind of news. She has other children, and I'm sure that helps. However, nothing will replace this child.

I am fortunate in ways too numerous to count. My son is healthy, happy and handsome. I had the chance to know and love my brother before he died. A good man loves me.. even if we aren't physically close at the moment. So many small, which are really HUGE, things you forget about when you have financial or emotional troubles.

So remember, for a moment today, what you do have. It was humbling for me to think about the little things I complain about when I do have so much.

2 Comments:

  • Yes it is very humbling. It shut my mouth! I do Thank God for my boys (the monsters)and everyday I have with them.

    By Blogger Love, at 5:07 PM  

  • Wow. I need to stop bitching about how bad I have it, and really count my blessings. Thank you!

    By Blogger Veronika, at 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home