.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, September 10, 2005

The doc is in..

For whatever reason I end up being the one people come to with the odd questions about sex. I really do start to feel like Georgia's answer to Dr Ruth at times. All things considered it's interesting and a bit disturbing the questions I get.

Questions about STDs, about how the female anatomy works, what's a cervix.. ah the joy of knowledge.

This came up when my cousin called to ask if a man can get a urinary tract infection from a woman. A bit more background information and I conclude no, he probably didn't "catch" it from her like a cold. She had one at one time but they weren't sleeping together then. We talk about urethra's and kidney/bladder health for a bit. He thanks me and hangs up.

His area of expertise is animals. I can't think how many times I've called him to ask things like.. "Can I give Tylenol to a cat?, What should the lizard's poop look like?, Can a cat get a yeast infection?" (I thought he was going to have me committed for that one lol)

We joked a few days ago that we should open an advice column to make Ann Landers cringe.

Questions about Sex and Animals! Of course the first time we got a question about with sex with animals we'd both be on the rampage.. sigh.. It was a good idea while it lasted.

5 Comments:

  • hahaha, this is an awwwesome blog. And you are amazing.

    By Blogger boogersdelhidiaries, at 2:32 PM  

  • Wait, can you give tylenol to a cat??!!

    Now I get annoyed with people asking me PC related questions out of hours, I sure don't envy you being asked questions out of hours.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

  • my cousin called to ask if a man can get a urinary tract infection from a woman. A bit more background information and I conclude no, he probably didn't "catch" it from her like a cold.

    by this, do you mean from a specific woman he slept with? or with women in general? because if it was the 2nd one, i'd have to disagree, to wit (from the urology channel):

    Men and women infected with chlamydia trachomatis or mycoplasma hominis can transmit the bacteria to their partner during sexual intercourse, causing UTI

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • ChrisH:

    The specific one. His friend was convinced he'd "caught" a UTI from his girlfriend.. but She had one at one time but they weren't sleeping together then

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 PM  

  • Well, since we ARE talking about Georgia, can you really be surprised by the questions? ;)

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home